About GPAT - 2012
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT-2012) is an all India Examination to be conducted by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara on behalf of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
The Scores in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) have been in use till the year 2010 for admission in Master’s Programme in Pharmacy (M. Pharm) and also for awarding fellowships/scholarships to Pharmacy Graduates along with engineering graduates. The Organizing Committee for GATE expressed its inability to include Pharmacy graduates in GATE with effect from the year 2010, owing to operational problems due to large number of candidates appearing for GATE examination.
Therefore, in order to facilitate admission of Pharmacy graduates in M. Pharm and also to award fellowships/scholarships to Pharmacy graduates, AICTE decided to organize and conduct an examination in the name of Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) with effect from academic year 2010-11. Accordingly, a National Monitoring Committee (NMC) was constituted for monitoring the issues pertaining to the policy as well as conduct of GPAT examination.
On the recommendation of the National Monitoring Committee for GPAT (GPAT-NMC), the onus of conducting the first GPAT examination i.e. GPAT-2010 and the subsequent one i.e. GPAT-2011 was given to The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
The responsibility of conducting the third consecutive GPAT examination i.e. GPAT-2012 examination has also been given to The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara is the sole authority for conducting GPAT-2012 Examination on behalf of AICTE, New Delhi, throughout the country, and declaring the result for GPAT-2012 Examination.
General InformationGraduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT-2012) is an All India examination conducted by The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara on behalf of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The REGISTRATION (process for application by the Applicants) will be ONLINE for GPAT-2012 Examination (the actual examination will be a paper/pencil examination).
Administrative InstituteThe M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara is the sole authority for conducting the examination and declaring the result for GPAT- 2012.
GPAT QualificationAdmission to postgraduate programmes with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in pharmacy colleges/institutes is open to those who qualify through GPAT. Candidates, who qualify GPAT examination and have Four years Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, are eligible for admission to Masters/Doctoral programmes in Pharmacy. To avail the scholarship, the candidate must secure admission to such a postgraduate programme, as per the prevailing procedure of the admitting institution. However, candidates with Master’s degree in Pharmacy may seek admission to relevant Ph.D. programmes with scholarship/assistantship without appearing in the GPAT examination. Some institutions specify GPAT qualification as mandatory even for admission of self-financing students to postgraduate programmes. GPAT qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR/UGC sponsored projects.
The following candidates are eligible to appear for GPAT-2012:Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are eligible for appearing in GPAT-2012 examination.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST-2012 (GPAT-2012)
Online Application website opens 14th January 2012 (Saturday) Online Application website closes 20th February 2012 (Monday) Last date for receipt of ONLINE filled printout of Application form with photograph & signature of the applicant, and original GPAT copy of bank challan as a proof of payment for examination fee, at ‘GPAT Office, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara’ 27th February 2012 (Monday)
(upto 17.00 Hrs)
Date of Examination
6th May 2012
(Sunday, 14.00-17.00 Hrs)
Declaration of GPAT-2012 Examination Result 31st May 2012
(Thursday, 17.00 Hrs)
Examination CitiesGPAT-2012 Examination would be organized in various cities (limited cities only as given in the website) of the country. GPAT Examination Office reserves the right to add/change/amend the examination cities/centers at any point of time upto the time of actual conduct of examination on 6th May 2012.
Pattern of GPAT ExaminationGPAT-2012 Examination will be similar to that of GPAT-2011 Examination, wherein the candidate will mark the correct answer out of four options in an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble with the help of pencil.
Application Fee & Submission Process
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General & OBC Category candidates, and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PD* Category candidates. The application fee is inclusive of bank charges. Application fee once remitted to the bank will be NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. (* Person with Disability)
- The mode of applying for GPAT-2012 Examination will be ONLINE. The detailed process of ONLINE application is described at appropriate place in the website. Once the ONLINE application process is completed by a candidate, a printout of the completed application form having photograph and signature of the applicant along with the original GPAT copy of the bank challan has to be sent to GPAT Office. The last date for receipt of the duly completed printout of application form at GPAT Office is 27th February 2012 (Monday) up to 17.00 Hrs.
- The application details (i.e. personal details like corrections in name, date of birth, category etc. and other details like examination city/choice of examination center etc.) will not be modified under any circumstance. However, in case of extraordinary situations, a change will be entertained on request in writing, on case to case basis by remitting a fee of Rs. 400/- in favor of “GPAT” as DD/cheque payable at Vadodara.
- The GPAT Office, The M.S. University of Baroda will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit of the printouts of applications, score cards or any other document during correspondence with the applicants.
- Candidates can appear in the examination against valid admit cards downloaded from the GPAT website. Candidates must bring one copy of the same photograph which they have affixed in the Registration form and a Photo-identity proof (passport, driving license, voter’s card). In case of some problem they should contact the Co-ordinator, GPAT-2012 Examination Cell (Office), Shri G.H. Patel Pharmacy Building, Opp. University Main Office, Donors’ Plaza, The M. S. University of Baroda, Fatehganj, Vadodara-390 002.
- The GPAT-NMC, AICTE has the sole authority to decide the qualifying score for the examination. In case of any claim or dispute in any matter relating to GPAT-2012, it is hereby made absolutely clear that the Courts and Tribunals in Vadodara and Vadodara alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle any such dispute or claim.
- The completed printout of the application form should be sent to GPAT Office i.e. The Co-ordinator, GPAT-2012 Examination Cell, Shri G. H. Patel Pharmacy Building, Opp. University Main Office, Donors’ Plaza, The M.S. University of Baroda, Fatehganj, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
- The applicant is fully responsible for the information given in the ONLINE application form. The information given by the applicant can not be changed later on. GPAT Examination Cell, The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara will not have any responsibility/liability with respect to the information given by the applicant in the GPAT Application form. The information given by the applicant only would be reflected in the Scorecard issued by this office. The information given in the Scorecard like, date of birth, parentage, Community category etc. can not be used by the applicant for obtaining any sort of benefit/concession from any government/private agency.
- GPAT Examination Cell - http://www.gpat.in
- The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara - http://www.msubaroda.ac.in
Postgraduate admissions with MHRD scholarshipAs per the directives of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, the following procedure is to be adopted for admission to postgraduate programmes (Master and Doctoral). The GPAT performance of the candidate will be considered for such admissions. If the candidate is to be selected through interview for postgraduate programmes, a minimum of 70% weightage is to be given to the GPAT performance. The remaining weightage (a maximum of 30%) can be given to the candidate’s academic record/performance in interview. The admitting institution will prescribe minimum passing percentage of marks in the interview. Some colleges/institutes specify GPAT qualification as the mandatory requirement even for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
- Applicants are advised to seek details of admission procedures and availability of MHRD scholarship/assistantship from the concerned admitting institution. The criteria for postgraduate admission with scholarship/assistantship are different for different admitting institutions. GPAT office will not entertain any enquiry about admission and award of scholarship/assistantship.
- It is the responsibility of the admitting institution to award the MHRD scholarship/assistantship to only those candidates who are ‘Qualified for Scholarship and M. Pharm admission’. The management of the postgraduate scholarship/assistantship is also the responsibility of the admitting institution. The M. S. University of Baroda has no role in the award or disbursement of scholarship/assistantship. Reservation of seats under different categories would be as per the policies and norms prevailing at the admitting institution and Government of India rules.
- A candidate declared “Qualified for Scholarship and M. Pharm admission” and having the valid score is eligible for MHRD fellowship for 24 months unless he/she loses it due to poor performance in the registered programme. It may be noted however, that the award of scholarships by AICTE, New Delhi, to the eligible applicants would be decided on the basis of norms existing at the time of application of awards. Qualifying in GPAT Examination alone does not entitle the applicants automatically for scholarship.
- GPAT scorecard will be issued only to those applicants who quality in the GPAT Examination. Only those applicants who are “Qualified for Scholarship and M. Pharm admission” would be entitled for scholarship.
Examination TypeGPAT-2012 Examination will be paper-pencil examination. It will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 150 questions, each of three (03) marks. The question paper will consist of multiple choice objective questions only. Each question will have four choices for the answer. The candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. Three (03) marks will be awarded for each right answer and zero (00) marks for no attempts. There will be negative marking for the wrong answers. One (01) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- GPAT-2012 result will be announced on 31st May 2012, 17: 00 Hrs. The result will be available on the websites, as listed in Section 9
- GPAT-2012 score is valid for ONE YEAR ONLY from the date of announcement of the result
- The machine-gradable Optical Response Sheets (ORS) are graded and scrutinized with extreme care. There is no provision for re-grading/re-checking or re-totaling. Photocopy/printout of the scanned copy of the machine-gradable Optical Response Sheet (ORS) will be made available on demand with the payment of Rs. 300/- (cheque or DD in favor of “GPAT”) upto 30th June 2012 ONLY. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained beyond this time period.
- GPAT scorecard will be made available on the website at an appropriate time. All qualified applicants will get one printed scorecard
- Duplicate scorecards will not be issued. In case of extraordinary situations like theft or loss, duplicate scorecard will be issued. For this, the affected candidate has to apply to the GPAT Office in writing giving one’s application details, original FIR copy and a DD/Cheque for Rs. 300/- in favor of “GPAT” payable at Vadodara
What is new in GPAT - 2012
- Registration of the Applicants will be ONLINE
- Admit Cards to be downloaded from the website by the applicants. No hard copy of the Admit cards would be sent to the applicants
- GPAT-2012 Examination Result to be displayed for all the appearing candidates on the website
- GPAT-2012 score card to be issued only to the ‘Qualified Candidates’
- There would be two categories of the ‘Qualified Candidates’. One category would be of candidates in the upper merit list who would be eligible for scholarship/fellowship as well as for admission in M. Pharm courses. Second category would be of the candidates who would be eligible for admission into M. Pharm courses but will NOT be eligible for scholarship/fellowship.
Examination StructureGPAT-2012 Examination will be a paper-pencil examination. It will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 150 questions, each of three (03) marks. The question paper will consist of multiple choice objective questions only. Each question will have four choices for the answer. The candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question.
The marking pattern will be as given below:
NOTE: There will be negative marking for wrong answers
- Three(03) marks will be awarded for each right answer
- Zero(00) mark for no attempts
- One(01) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer